Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last post for 2009

It's New Year's eve,and we really aren't doing anything exciting, but's it's fine. I really don't like new years eve. All the NYE parties I have been to as an adult have been duds. Expectations are too high, and the reality doesn't quite match up. I kind of like to go to bed and let the new year surprise me.

I am excited for this new year. I have a feeling that it's going to be much better than the last.I will make some resolutions but I think the reason I started this blog in that never never land between Christmas and New Year's is that I wanted to put things in place, and get ready to make changes. I'm not resolving to lose weight - I'm resolving to consistently do the things that lead to weight loss.
These are my resolutions for 2010.

1. I resolve to ignore completely the "you can lose 30lbs in 3 weeks" ads. I will not respond to their siren song because I KNOW they are filthy liars.

2. I will keep blogging, even when I fall down and feel like a failure. Persistence is everything, and maintaining this new habit is something I believe will help.

3. I will have fun doing something active every day. I am going to try to get a good workout of some variety every day, but progress is the key, and perfectionism is my enemy.

4. I resolve to give myself credit for the things I do right, and not beat myself up over the things that aren't "just so".

5. I want to be a better mum and the best wife I can be. I have a wonderful husband and family, and I would like them to know everyday, just how much I appreciate them.

Goodbye 2009, and Good morning, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment