Monday, January 11, 2010

Alice not in Onederland

I didn't make it to onderland this week. In fact, I put on .6 of a pound. I don't know why. If I could find something to own, some reason for not losing, I would claim it happily - but I don't, and there is something about it that defies all logic. I ate on plan, and did not cheat - not once.  I exercised for between 1.5 and 2 hours per day using a mixture of exercises. I sweated,  wore a cardio monitor to make sure my heart rate was up and i wore a pedometer to keep track of all the steps taken. All I can think of is that I built muscle and that might account for the lack of loss.

This process does make me feel a little like I'm Alice and I'm falling down the rabbit hole. There is no logic, and no explanation. It gives me the shits and make me feel just a little crazy. I wish that I had some dreadful vice, like going through the drivethrough at McDonalds or KFC multiple times in a day, or eating gallons of icecream, munching on dozens of donuts or drinking like a fish. Then....I could heroically go through the painful withdrawal and learn to live without them and bingo bango...the scale goes down. But no. Crap, Crap, Crap.

I won't give up though. I will continue to exercise, because I really really enjoy it, and I am seeing a doctor tomorrow who can hopefully point me in some direction that may be helpful. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment