Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pizza Saturday

Pizza Saturday is a tradition for us. Every Saturday night we go pick up Ron's mum, and go to the local Pizza Factory. We've been doing this just about every week since we moved here 5 years ago. We go in, Ron has a bit of a whine if there are more that a couple of people there, we ignore him. He goes to the jukebox and puts some money in. If I'm really lucky, he doesn't play the string of songs starting with "Hey, good lookin""...I swear, I frigging HATE that song.  Anyway, I digress.

There are 6 of us, and we generally get the same pizza. 1 extra-large, 1/2 pepperoni with mushrooms, and 1/2 Serpent special without cheese. It has tomato sauce, onion, mushrooms, green peppers, olives and ham....just no cheese. We get some spicy chicken wings and a serving of breadsticks. Usually we each have 1 piece of pizza....the kids eat the pepperoni and the adults eat the other side. I have a piece of pizza and a chicken wing, no breadsticks, no ranch. There is always a bunch of pizza to take home. So, you really could safely say that we don't overdo it.

However, the next day I always feel bloated. I KNOW that I didn't go overboard, but my body tells me I did. I don't really know what the calorie count is on the pizza we have is. If anyone has a good clue, maybe you could let me know. The crust is a normal, not thick, not thin crust. I'm not sure what to do about it....what to cut out. I know that we enjoy the tradition, even the cheesy music, but I have to change something that I'm doing. I want to weigh in on Monday and have registered a loss. I don't want to stay the same.

On the up side, I have done a LOT of exercise this week. I have really enjoyed it and I'm seeing subtle changes. I have eaten on plan, and I hope hope hope that I get to onederland by tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the sodium with the ham?

    Great job on the exercise!

    ReplyDelete